Congratulations to Our Class of 2013
Academic Achievers is proud to announce some of the colleges our students were accepted to this year: UC Berkeley, USC, Drexel, Columbia, University of Chicago, Penn, UC Santa Cruz, University of Miami, Sarah Lawrence, Northwestern, UC Santa Barbara, Lewis and Clark, University of Michigan, University of Colorado, Kenyon, University of Portland, University of Washington, and UCLA. Good job, students!
As our students go forth we wish to share with them a quote from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke’s commencement speech at Princeton:
“The only way for even a putative meritocracy to hope to pass ethical muster, to be considered fair, is if those who are the luckiest in all of those respects also have the greatest responsibility to work hard, to contribute to the betterment of the world, and to share their luck with others … In so many words: You, Princeton Class of 2013, got lucky, and never forget it. You might end up Masters of the Universe, but you are not Randian supermen. You’re here because you’re smart, but you’re smart because you’re fortunate.”
Many of our students are fortunate. A few of our students are less fortunate but were awarded Academic Achievers’ SAT Prep Scholarships. All of our students worked hard and did their best.
If your student will be graduating in the next few years, here is what we suggest:
1. Get an early start: Focus on getting the best possible education your high school has to offer. You really need a four-year plan. 8th grade is ideally when students should begin to plan for college.
2. Use your summer wisely: If you fell off track this year, fix it this summer. Get a homeschool tutor or take an on-line class to make up the credits.
3. Challenge yourself: Take a summer class for extra credit to get ahead. Get involved with community service. Our Application Specialist, Daniel, can help you find the best fit for you.
4. Study for the SAT this summer: Don’t wait until junior year when you will be overwhelmed. Get a head start and begin next year on top of it.
5. Take the June 22 practice test: You will only get better each time you take it.
SAT or the ACT? We suggest you take a practice test in both and see which one you do better in. Sign up for the FREE June 22 practice test today and find out. (310) 883-5810
Again, Congratulations to our Class of 2013! … and 2014, 2015, 2016…